Things happen every day in this world. Some people are privileged to get this information directly or indirectly. I Report My News here.
FREE FOR All
Some are very good at writing and taking down detail of information. They can write an article about something they chose and we will publish it for free. I Report My News.
People are gifted with various talents. But because they don’t tell what they know, nobody will believe what they are capable of.
locked out from history, their names hidden and these stories remain “untold” and “a dead log”. Those who are to tell these stories but fail to do so are most time afraid or lazy to start now. They will chose to wait for an endless future. This failure makes their NAMES dead like logs. Who can this person be? You and i can be that person. iReport my News Here
For this reason we urge you to write and we publish your content. iReport my News Here
We can and we will report to the world what we know, have information about or what we think about an event. Report any information here on “iReport news!”
However, we think it is nice we give you some tips when you are to write. This is because not everyone is devoted to writing.
Balancing Facts and Style – iReport my News Here
Readers want to know the facts and who or what may be affected by them. Related stories and background information develop context and emotion while humanizing it. iReport myNews Now!
Here are some more tips on writing a compelling and gripping news report. iReport my News Here
The facts answer the 5Ws (and H): who, what, where, when, why, and how. A journalist has a responsibility to make sure the facts are accurate and reasonably complete. If you have to write a report before you get all the facts, then say so in the report. iReport my News Here
When writing a news report, use the active voice. The active voice is more understandable and has more impact. Develop short, concise sentences using action verbs. Your language needs to be simple, without any words that don’t contribute to the focus of the story.
For example, the weather or how someone is dressed doesn’t need to be included unless it has a bearing on the overall story. Try to anticipate any questions the reader might have as you write.
Writing a Good Lead_iReport my News Here
The lead, or the first few sentences, needs to be strong enough to grab the reader’s attention and make them want to read more.
- If it’s a hard news story, which is breaking or up-to-the-minute news, then include as many facts as you can in the summary of the story. If it’s a soft news story, like a human interest story or background information, then you can place the facts in the body of the story.
- Leads tell the reader what the story is about and why it’s important. Beyond that, it tells the reader why they should read the whole story. Think of it from the perspective of telling a friend about the latest news.
- A common error in leads happens when it focuses on more than one main idea. When this happens, the reader can’t be sure what the story is about.
- Avoid burying the lead (also written as “bury the lede”). This refers to when you fail to emphasize the most important or most interesting part of the story, starting out with secondary information first. By its nature, the lead is meant to lure readers in. If a reader loses interest after the first paragraph, because you buried the lead in the second or third paragraph, they may not ever get to why this story should matter to them.
- Leads will exclude certain readers if they’re full of jargon. Make sure the news report is suitable for everyone to read.
Examples of Good Leads
Below, you’ll find an example of particularly grabbing leads. See if they encourage you to write on.
- “On the second floor of an old King’s palace in West Africa, Africa, there’s a hot with a high roof, distinct smell and one of the world’s most extensive collections of African texts.
FREE: Write to us on what you want us to post for you [News/Article/others].
Visit our Model page